Thursday, September 29, 2011

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette blows my mind!


Let me begin with saying I can't get enough of Urban Decay eyeshadows. I think they are amazing formulation and pigment. I usually buy them in singles, however, because I usually don't like UD palette packaging.. until now. This packaging is the definition of luxe. The outer box is a gunmetal purple that features a faceted jewel “UD” on the cover and a beautiful laser-cut filigree design on the sides. Inside, the shadow tray pulls out to reveal a velvet-lined compartment that can be used to stash jewelry or personal mementos like tweezers, rings, etc. I love that the entire tray of shadows comes right out! Sometimes I just hold that up while I'm doing my makeup because it's lighter than with the box attached. 

The first row of eyeshadows is my personal favorite. I love these neutrals because they don't have any duplicates.. they truly are unique. These shadows are Midnight Rodeo (medium metallic brown w/silver and gold glitter), Midnight 15 (oyster pearl w/silver glitter), Vanilla (shimmery white gold), Flow (soft peach shimmer), Chase (metallic bright bronze.) I didn't experience any fallout issues with these and all of them are true to description except Vanilla has more gold in it than the description warrants. The second row, the brights, are so fun and very pigmented. Omen is my absolute favorite color! It is unbelievably beautiful in real life. I make a smokey eye using Half Truth in the crease, which is in the next row. These shadows are Tainted (pale matte purple with golden shimmer), Junkshow (bright pink w/fuchsia shift), Omen (shimmery metallic bright purple w/blue shift), Evidence (deep metallic blue), Deep End (bright teal shimmer.) All of those are extremely pigmented and true, including Tainted. I know some bloggers experienced difficulty with that particular shade but I found it pleasantly pigmented and workable! The final row is my "smoke show row" (aptly named) and I love how these colors work.. they aren't chalky in the least bit and are surprisingly forgiving for such pigment. These shadows are fabulous when used as liner. I use my Tarina Tarantino liner brush with the Blackout color and get phenomenal results! These colors are Deeper (deep shimmery golden brown), M.I.A. (soft shimmery dark brown), Ace (dark gunmetal shimmer), Blackout (darkest, most saturated black), Half Truth (shimmery smoky purple.) 

These are also full sized eyeshadows at .05 each which makes this palette a steal for $55. I usually do not feel comfortable investing in something with 15 eyeshadows but I knew I'd use them all - and I do! My only gripe about this product is that it is not very travel friendly. The lid does not securely attach to the box so it makes it a palette that stays at home. I wish this wasn't limited edition, it really is the most gorgeous set of eyeshadows I've ever seen.. far from any gimmicky palette similiar to what we've all been seeing lately. Do you have this palette? Are you going to grab it? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment