1) Guerlain Terracotta Skin Healthy Glow Foundation in 02 Brunettes, $49 This color is perfect for tanned beauties (which I imagine most of you become this time of year!) I love Guerlain and I never think twice about splurging on their items. Such a winner for summer (wish it had SPF though!) Guerlain describes it in detail.. "This hybrid foundation perfects the skin with the sheer coverage of a powder. The Terracotta Skin texture is extremely creamy, owed to a blend of powders and volatile oils combined with an elastomer gel. In just a few seconds, its texture melts into the skin to reveal a healthy-looking complexion."
2) Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist, $24 I have mildly frizzy curly hair naturally, and when I straighten it I have a good amount of fly-away hair. This mist is excellent for both taming my curls and decreasing frizz as well as a finishing spray to tame my hair and make it even shinier! This product also helps keep hair strong and smooth. "This double-duty formula can be used as both a deeply nourishing treatment that helps to repair split ends and environmental damage, and as a color protecting style primer. Made with strengthening organic bamboo and smoothing organic kendi oil, it banishes frizz and imparts intense shine while providing vital nutrients." SUCH A WIN, THANKS ALTERNA!
3) Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning, $32.50 This self tanner is wonderful and I use it along with my HG self tanner, St. Tropez. I adore this formulation and I don't mind the smell whatsoever. The benefit of this self tanner is that it has an "instant smoothing effect." Acacia Micro-Pearls: Absorb moisture to plump up, filling in lines and wrinkles while diminishing their length and depth.
4) Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh, $85 This fragrance is described as "A whimsical interpretation of the original Daisy fragrance, this scent is more fruity, more bubbly, more fun! Open the bottle and you'll be transported to a field of sunshine that bursts with the flirty scent of flowers and the cheerful sweetness of fruits. Its light, woody base infuses a subtle but sharp glimmer of musk for an unexpected twist of radiance." They weren't kidding! With notes of Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musks, Cedarwood, and Plum it really does make you feel exhilarating, bubbly, and playful!
5) Yves Saint Laurent MASCARA VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS Mascara, $30 This is my favorite mascara EVER. I am in love with this stuff! All you need is one coat and your lashes are showstoppingly gorgeous. "Yves Saint Laurent MASCARA VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS Luxurious Mascara achieves an intense, dramatic lash look in a single stroke, for lashes that stop traffic with the blink of an eye. Its secret is the Triple-Film Complex: a film-coating for intensity, a conditioning film for curve, and a fixing film for long-lasting effectiveness." They totally know what's up. I love you YSL.
6) Escada Taj Sunset, $72 I am in love with Escada to begin with and this limited fragrance is no exception. "Discover Taj Sunset, Escada's limited-edition fragrance for 2011. A scent of tropical sensuality, it opens with a burst of citrusy blood orange and the exotic, fruity aroma of the Alphonso mango—the first fragrance to capture this unique note. Next, floral and fruity heart notes emerge, including watery blossom, sweet primrose, and raspberry. The scent lingers on a sexy, beach-inspired base of coconut cream, musky notes, and sandalwood. This fragrance takes you on an exotic and sensual adventure, evoking a summer spent in Goa, the region in southern India known for seducing visitors with stunning beaches, white sand, and a feeling of relaxed warmth." Top notes are Alphonso Mango, Blood Orange, Watery Blossom, Sweet Primrose, Raspberry, Coconut Cream, Musk, and Sandalwood. Seductive for sure <3
7) Evian Mineral Water Spray, $10 This is a summer ESSENTIAL. You need this! Ever spray a bottle of water on your face to refresh your makeup because you're dying of heat? It leaves huge droplets of water and smudges your makeup. This product distrubutes an even layer of mineral water to create a dewy complexion and extend life of makeup! "At work: Evian's delightful cool mist rehydrates skin suffering from overheated or dry office air. It also revives your makeup throughout the day, and keeps you looking fresh by replenishing that much needed moisture. At play: A cleansing mist of Evian Mineral Water Spray removes perspiration, harmful salt or chlorine, and instantly soothes and rehydrates sun-burned or wind-chapped skin."
8) Make Up For Ever Aqua Waterproof Lipliner in 16C & 17C, $17 This lipliner is a godsend. It lines effortlessly, lasts through eating and drinking and even swimming! I am addicted to these bright juicy colors for summer.
9) Yves Saint Laurent VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY in 04 Succulent Pomegranate, $30 This lip color is amazing in all forms. Moisturizing, smells like mango and passion fruit, leaves a gorgeous pink stain on the lips and wears relatively well. This product is a Sephora exclusive for a little while longer and all stores are sold out! "This balm dresses your lips in a sheer veil of brilliant color boosted with vitamin- and antioxidant-rich fruit extract. Its ultra-light, sensual texture leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated for up to eight hours and is ideal for year-round use." I want more colors honestly!
10) Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++, $38 This is insane. It's such a complex product. Asia is huge on beauty balms and the US finally jumped on the bandwagon. The sun protection ALONE is worth the $38! Such a broad spectrum of protection; Bravo Boscia! I use moisturizer underneath it and a primer but the results look so flawless and natural. "This oil-free cream creates a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin. It helps to diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven skintone while providing long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections." It only comes in one color that is only suitable for medium tones, unfourtunately. I'm sure Boscia will release more color options soon.
11) Urban Decay The Quinceañera Bag, $26 This bag is the shit (excuse my language but no other word compares) in every form of the word. "In honor of Urban Decay's big 15, this makeup bag was named after the 15th birthday extravaganzas thrown for girls in Latin American cultures. Its open shape holds plenty of makeup and the double gold zipper opens on three sides so you won't spend forever rifling through your bag. The interior features a clear zippered pocket for your most treasured items, as well as satin inserts that keep your makeup in place. It packs easily into just about any suitcase, so take it with you on your next adventure. What else you need to know: If you want to keep this PVC-coated bag looking pretty, clean with a damp cloth occasionally." This bag is BEAUTIFUL, especially in person. The inside is so easy to clean and the beauty of it is it is HUGE! I can fit so much in there and it gives me peace of mind inside my Louis Vuitton bag. I don't want anything spilling out and this ensures that nothing will :)
12) Lorac LORAC TANtalizer® Award Show Glow, $32 This product is a showstopper when it comes to your legs. Cellulite is the worst and it basically is unavoidable, at least for me (I work out every day and that stuff doesn't budge!) but this product helps my legs look firmer and glowy. Love this so much. "The luminizing formula has a luxurious grapefruit vanilla fragrance to awaken your spirits with a sweetly seductive scent. Slimming and shimmering bronzed skin is only a spray away. Get the professional makeup artist secret to how Hollywood fakes a tan, toned, flawless figure!"
I hope you enjoyed my summer faves ;-)