Saturday, October 8, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Hello VCE beauties. I am so sorry I haven't written this post sooner considering the entire month of October is  Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I find it hard to explain how I truly feel so I made a sign! Here is some background on it. My mother's best friend has breast cancer and she is my hairdresser. I've been going to her since I was born and I don't trust another soul with my hair! She has been fighting the cancer for 4 years now and she is finally in remission after 20+ surgeries. I made this sign with her in mind because even with cancer she was the most beautiful, put together woman I have ever met. She is so strong.. such a fighter. I created this sign using high quality, classic makeup products to symbolize the endless beauty these courageous women have. I used MAC liquid eyeliner to write "October is" because liquid eyeliner is a staple in every girls wardrobe. I then used Chanel nail polish in the shade Morning Rose to write "Breast Cancer Awareness Month". I chose this polish to write with because it is light pink with gold flecks which symbolizes, to me, an almost ethereal beauty that cannot be altered. I finished the sign by using NARS matte lipstick in Carthage. I chose this hot pink shade because it embodies the strength and perseverance these women have. I had such a great time making this sign and I would love to know how you celebrate life and health while raising awareness!


Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment