Friday, May 13, 2011

Nars Carthage pure matte lipstick - Hawaii in a tube

TGIF! I recently took a trip to Sephora and I stumbled upon Carthage. I had seen swatched images from other beauty bloggers - however nothing compared to seeing it in person. This shade is part of the Nars Summer 2011 selection and it's seriously gorgeous! Some bloggers have said it has blue tones but I honestly don't see it. I find it wearable both when I have lighter skin or when I self tan so it's safe to say all skintones will look great with this shade. I'm pretty warm toned and blue undertones usually look terrible on me but this is pretty neutral. I feel really confident and happy when I wear this color.. it reminds me of the sweetest days and nights of summer!

I love the wear of the lipstick; it applies like a matte would but it doesn't sink into your lips in an unflattering way. The color is vibrant and pigmented for 4 hours before it starts wearing off! I honestly love this formula for lipstick, I find it a lot better than the original Nars lipsticks which usually give me 2 hours of wear before I need to reapply. This color is perfect for summer and for hot months as I don't see it budging while you play on the beach! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do :)




I love the applicator stick. I like it a lot more than the rectangular tubes for the regular Nars lipsticks!



Nars Carthage on my lips in direct sunlight. Extremely wearable in both day and night settings!

Best xx



No comments:

Post a Comment